Data Protection Statement in accordance with Article 12 et seq of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in connection with Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA for design competitions
I. General information about data processing
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We process your data primarily to ensure that online sales are convenient and straightforward.
II. Name and Address of the Responsible body
The responsible body within the meaning of the European General Data Protection Regulations is
Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA
Tel.: 02 31 - 90 20 0
E-Mail: [email protected]
III. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
You may contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Lawyer Ulf Haumann, LL.M.
c/o Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA
Tel.: 02 31 - 90 20 0
E-Mail: [email protected]
IV. Specifics about your data
We collect and use the following personal data for handling the design competition
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
In particular the reason for processing your personal data is as follows:
- Administration of the Participants in design competitions
- Important information by e-mail (Notification of prizes) and for mail shot advertising
- Publication of the prizes in the website of Borussia Dortmund, as well as through the channels of Borussia Dortmund on social networks
Generally your data will not be forwarded without your express consent. The data will be delet-ed as soon as it is no longer needed, as a rule after the competition has ended.
Generally, how we manage your personal data in connection with our Newsletter or to make contact with you electronically will be explained in detail at (https://www.bvb.de/Datenschutz/Webseite-bvb.de)
V. Legal basis
We process your personal data to fulfil the contract.
- 1. Contract
The legal basis for the responsible body processing your personal data in connection with the competition is Article 6 Paragraph 1 subpara 1 b) GDPR, According to this, your personal data may be processed if, and provided that, this is necessary for us to fulfil our contractual duties to you. This shall also apply for all processing necessary to be able to carry out pre-contractual measures at your request. Further detail about this can be read in our Terms and Conditions of Participation.
- 2. Justified interest
We have a justified interest in mail shot advertising and this is therefore lawful in accordance with Article 6 Para 1 and subpara 1 f) in conjunction with Recital 47 last sentence of the GDPR.
- 3. Consent
Your data will be forwarded for advertising purposes in accordance with Article 6 Pa-ra 1 subpara 1 a) GDPR only with your express consent, which you may revoke at any time by notifying the responsible body named above in any format you wish with ef-fect for the future.
VI. Duration of storage
We shall delete your personal data as soon as we no longer need to have it to fulfil our contrac-tual and /or statutory obligations. Invoice data may only be deleted after 10 years have elapsed.
VII. Data transfer
As a rule we shall to forward your data. However, necessary information will be sent to service providers (e.g. software developers, event agencies etc.) on the basis of an order processing arrangement in accordance with Article 28 GDPR.
VIII. Your rights
As a person concerned, you will as a matter of principle be entitled to
- receive information about the data processed on you in accordance with Article 15 GDPR
- to have your data corrected in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, insofar as we are pro-cessing incorrect information about you
- have your data deleted in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, provided that we no longer need the data and there are no contrary statutory reasons for it to be retained.
- have the processing of your data restricted in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, if and for as long as your objections against data processing have not yet been clarified as well as
- to lodge an objection against your data being processed in accordance with Article 21 GDPR if we are processing your data in line with our prevailing interest. You may do without having to state your reasons for mail shot advertising. Moreover, you may object to your data being processed, and your objection will be successful if, in your case, your personal interests clearly prevail over our interests and the interests of public safety.
In addition to this you will be entitled to
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory body (Article 77 GDPR), that is the regional of-ficer for Freedom of Information and Data Protection (LDI) (https://www.ldi.nrw.de/).
We always comply with all these rights. If you should wish to have more detailed information we shall be pleased to provide it at any time. To do so please contact our data protection officer named above.
The full text of the GDPR can be found at https://dsgvo-gesetz.de/.
© 1996 - 2022 Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA